Pointe-Claire: capital of Montreal's West Island
The origin of Pointe-Claire goes back to the 17th century when deforestation of the riverbank was advanced enough that the opening of a road along the south shore of the lake, up to the tip of the island, was decreed. In relation with the peninsula that it formed, the "pointe claire " was chosen for the construction of a fort to protect the colonists from attacks by the Iroquois.
In 1845, Pointe-Claire became the municipality of Saint-Joachim-de-la-Pointe-Claire, which will be incorporated under the abbreviated name of Pointe-Claire in 1911. Pointe-Claire is known for its historical center, “the village” and buildings, especially the Pointe-Claire's commonplace Mill, classified cultural property on April 8th, 1982.
The citizens of Pointe-Claire choose this municipality for its historic charm, its quality of life, the facilities proximity and the exceptional accessibility to Montreal downtown and to the whole Montreal West Island.
The ideal location on Montreal’s West Island
The Quartier Greenwich residential development is very easy to access. The project is close to…
- Major thoroughfares: 2 minutes from the 40, 5 minutes from the 20, 10 minutes from the Chomedey, and 15 minutes from the Décarie.
- A train station: 4 minutes from the Cedar, Valois and Pointe-Claire stations
- The airport: 11 minutes from Montreal’s Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport
- The Montreal public transit network: a few minutes from the 485, 202, 201, 200, and 72 lines
Sports, education, and culture just steps away from Quartier Greenwich
- Pointe-Claire aquatic centre 2 minutes away
- Pointe-Claire central library 2 minutes away
- Old Pointe-Claire 5 minutes away
- Bikram Yoga and Pilates centre 3 minutes away
- Arena, soccer fields, baseball diamonds, and basketball courts 2 minutes away
- Elementary and high schools, daycares and early childhood centres nearby
Boutiques and services on your doorstep
Quartier Greenwich also enjoys immediate access to a network of shops and services, such as:
- Fairview Pointe-Claire 5 minutes away
- A nearby shopping centre with a pharmacy, Home Depot, Zellers, L’Équipeur, and IGA 2 minutes away
- A medical centre, the Centre de santé et de services sociaux (CSSS) de l'Ouest-de-l'Ile- LakeshoreGeneral Hospital, several banks, and many restaurants within 2 minutes
- Fire station, police station, and Pointe-Claire city hall within 2 minutes
Parks and green spaces
- Many parks with play structures nearby
- Park for dogs
- Terracotta natural park
- Bike path on site (along Hymus)
Cities near Quartier Greenwich